Annular Blowout Preventers
The Annular Blowout Preventers used for drilling operations are designed to close the well and protect personnel and equipment by reliably stopping unexpected rash of oil, gas and drilling mud from the well bore. The Annular Blowout Preventers seal the annulus around drill pipes, casings, tubings or the hole when the strings of pipes, casings, tubings are out of hole. The Annular Blowout Preventers meet all current API 16A requirements are made for standard or sour service application.
- Size: 7 1/16” ÷ 20 3/4” (21 1/4”);
- Pressure rating: 2,000 ÷ 10,000 PSI;
- Operating pressure: 1,000 ÷ 3,000 PSI;
- End to end connections:
- Bottom: flanges according API 6A
- Top: studded flanges according API 6A
- Designed to simplify field maintenance, components subject to wear are field-replaceable;
- Hydraulically operated mechanisms provide fast and reliable closure of the well bore;
- Wellbore pressure acts on the packing unit to increase the sealing force and maintain the seal in case of hydraulic pressure loss;
- Packing unit have the capacity to provides positive pressure control for stripping drilling pipe into and out of the hole;
- Quick-release head design with a split lock ring permits quick packing unit change-out with no loose parts involved;
- Replaceable wear plate eliminates metal to metal contact between packing unit inserts and bonnet, making field repair fast and economical;
- The opening chamber head prevent inadvertent contamination of hydraulic system during packing unit replacement.