Ram Blowout Preventers
The Ram Blowout Preventers used for drilling operations are designed to close the well and protect personnel and equipment by reliably stopping unexpected rash of oil, gas and drilling mud from the well bore. The Ram Blowout Preventers seal the annulus around drill pipes, casings, tubings or the hole when the strings of pipes, casings, tubings are out of hole and direct the drilling fluid from the well to the mud tanks, in order to relieve well pressure.
The Ram Blowout Preventers meet all current API 16A requirements, made for standard or sour service application are available in single or double type configuration.
- Size: 7 1/16” ÷ 20 3/4” (21 1/4”);
- Pressure rating: 2,000 ÷ 10,000 PSI;
- Operating pressure: 1,000 ÷ 3,000 PSI;
- End to end connections: studded flanges according API 6A;
- Outlets: studded flanges according API 6A;
- Hydraulically operated mechanisms provide fast and reliable closure of the well bore;
- Manually operated locking mechanisms lock the rams and hold the rams mechanically closed even when actuating pressure is released;
- Wellbore pressure acts on the rams to increase the sealing force and maintain the seal in case of hydraulic pressure loss;
- Hydraulic opening bonnets expose the ram assemblies and bonnet seal carrier for a quick change-out;
- Available bonnet seal carrier eliminates high make-up torque on bonnet bolts;
- Well pressure is isolated beside hydraulic fluid pressure using two sealing systems.